Thursday, May 31, 2007

Social networking...now I understand why my kids spend so much time in front of their computers! There's so much more to it than I ever imagined. I don't know that its for me. I prefer my privacy and chose to share my thoughts with a select few.

As for the library applications, I can see using Book Mooch. We have far to many books collecting dust and could enjoy the "trading" for others - would make life interesting and receiving mail more enjoyable knowing that there was a book not just a bill arriving! What Should I Read Next? is going to be helpful! I tend to become obssessed with an author, digesting everything he or she has written and need help with where to turn next!

Mashups - why didn't I think of some of the sites suggested. I spent quite a bit of time on MotorMapUSA. My husband is a classic car enthusiast currently resoring a 40 Ford. I found one ready to roll in Longowood. He wants to "visit" it on his day off! Trouble$$S ahead!

Getting exposed to all this new technology has been exciting. But I have to admit, the best part of doing this weeks' lesson was the look on my twenty year old son's face when I was telling him what I had learned. Mom's not ready to be put out to pasture yet!

No comments:

RSS Reader